Rye Neck Athletics
Dear Parents, Student-Athletes and Community:
Welcome to the Rye Neck Interscholastic Athletic Program. At Rye Neck we believe in the positive impact athletics has on a school community and its members.
Through participation in athletics, students learn numerous life lessons and values that they will carry through life. These include, but not limited to, integrity, sportsmanship, responsibility, accountability, healthy competition, cooperation, respect and time management. They also will learn the importance of being a constructive member of a team that is working towards a collective goal.
The Athletic Department’s objective is to help each student-athlete realize their full potential, not only as student-athletes but as well-rounded individuals that become leaders who will make a positive impact in our community and beyond.
On the left hand side of this page, you will find links to helpful resources and information. Thank you for your interest in, and support of, the Rye Neck Athletic program. It’s a privilege to work with such wonderful coaches and student-athletes here at Rye Neck. Go Panthers!
Joe CegliaMic testmicmic
Winter Sports Participation Information
- October 17 – FamilyID Registration Opens for Varsity and JV sports
- November 1 – FamilyID Registration Opens for Modified sports
- November 7 - Deadline for FamilyID registration for Varsity/JV sports
- November 13 - All Varsity and JV tryouts begin
- November 20 - Modified Ice Hockey Begins
- November 21 - Modified Sports Info Mtng for 7th & 8th students only – 3:00pm in Dining Hall
- November 22 - Deadline for FamilyID registration for Modified sports
- November 27 – Modified tryouts/practices begin
To be eligible to tryout/practice for a sport, each student must be registered online with FamilyID:
You must upload a valid copy of your child’s physical to their FamilyID registration each season.
A valid physical is dated within 1 year of the start of practices/tryouts (see dates below). PLEASE double check to make sure you’ve registered your child for the correct sport.
If your child’s doctor is in Connecticut, they must use the NYS Physical form.
Make sure that the “Family cardiac history reviewed” section is completed
Winter Sport Offerings
Boys Basketball – Varsity, JV & Modified
Girls Basketball – Varsity, JV & Modified
Winter Indoor Track – Varsity and Modified
Boys and Girls Bowling – Varsity ONLY
Cheerleading - Varsity ONLY
**Boys Swimming and Diving – Varsity ONLY. Merged with Rye and Blind Brook High.
**Boys Ice Hockey – Varsity & Modified. Merged with Blind Brook/Harrison/Port Chester High.
**Girls Ice Hockey - Varsity ONLY. Merged with multiple Section 1 schools.
**Boys Wrestling - Varsity & Modified. Merged with Rye High School.
**Prior conversation with Mr. Ceglia is required for participation. Please contact him at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Varsity practices held over the Holiday Recess (December 22 – January 2) are at the discretion of each team’s coach and are considered mandatory for team participants. JV practices held in the same time period are optional for athletes.
There are no modified activities during Holiday Recess.
Fitness Center Hours
Tuesdays and Thursdays - 3:00-5:00PM
- Please join the fitness center SportsYou for updates and fitness resources (Code: 8HKGPJ9R)
- In consideration of space and efficiency, all those in attendance of these fitness sessions will be expected to follow a designated workout. If you have a different fitness program you would like to follow, it must be approved prior.