Physical Exam Requirements and Information
New York State Education Department (NYSED) requires an annual physical exam for:
- New Entrants in any grade
- Returning students entering 1st Grade, 3rd Grade, 5th Grade, 7th Grade, 9th Grade, and 11th Grade
- Triennially for the Committee on Special Education
- Additionally, NYS law mandates that the BMI (Body Mass Index) section of the exam be completed by your physician. Periodically, NYS requests students' BMI information as part of an anonymous survey; however, if you do not wish to participate, please notify the nurse in your building.
Please note that a current physical must be provided to the school nurse upon enrolling into the Rye Neck School District. This physical must be performed by a duly-licensed practitioner in New York State.
School Vaccination Requirements and Information
- 2022-2023 School Year NYS Immunization Requirements
- Check with your physician to update your child's immunizations, if necessary.
- Please refer to the cdc.gov website for any further immunization information.
- Please see the new school vaccination requirements which were passed by the New York State Legislature on June 13, 2019.
- FAQ's About School Vaccination Requirements - October 4, 2019
- The Flu: A Guide For Parents
- Illness Guidelines for Student Attendance
- Meningitis information for students entering 7th Grade
- Meningitis information for students entering 12th Grade
- New York State Law #2164 Tdap requires students to receive this booster prior to entering 6th Grade or upon their 11th birthday. Proof of this immunization must be given to our school nurse, Ms. Ardijane Mahmud, to enable your student to begin 6th grade.
- As of Fall 2014, students entering 6th Grade are required to have two doses of the Varicella (Chickenpox) vaccine.
Administration of Medication in School
In order for medications to be given to your child during the school day, a doctor's note is required to be kept on file at the nurse's office. Furthermore, students are not permitted to carry any medications, prescription or non-prescription (over-the-counter medications), without a self carry form filled out in conjunction with the medication administration form.
Please fill out the the Authorization for Administration of Medication in School form for any medications to be given during the school year, including emergency medications such as Benadryl, Epi-Pens, Glucagon, etc.